I found the recipe below for vegan zucchini bread. The boys LOVE IT!! I doubled the recipe and made them in to loaves and muffins so they are easier to freeze and get out a few at a time. PLUS- easy to take along as snacks!
Vegan Zucchini Bread- found on the blog “Hell Yeah It’s Vegan”
Serves: 2 loaves
(I doubled the recipe and ended up with 2 loaves and 30 muffins, froze the loaves and 12 muffins for when school starts!)
* 6 tbsp ground flax seeds
* ½ c warm water
* 2 c light brown sugar
* ½ c oil
* ½ c applesauce
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2 to 2½ c grated zucchini (~3 medium-sized ones)
* 3 c all-purpose flour
* 1 tbsp baking powder
* ½ tsp baking soda
* 1 tbsp cinnamon
* 2 tsp nutmeg
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 c mini chocolate chips or raisins, optional
1. Grease two loaf pans.
2. Mix together flax seeds and warm water.
3. Add sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add grated zucchini; stir til combined.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together remaining dry ingredients.
6. Add dry mixture to wet and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened and everything is incorporated evenly; some lumps are fine. If adding additional mix-ins, fold them in now. Divide batter between prepared pans.
7. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes before slicing.