As mentioned last week- bitter greens are the foods right now. Here’s a quick and easy salad you could bring to your next BBQ or Sunday to celebrate Dad! I love it and it looks impressive as well!
Endive Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced or puréed
- ½ cup plain yogurt, thinned out with a little milk if thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces good quality blue cheese or Roquefort, at room temperature, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large or 6 medium endives
- Minced chives
- 1 apple, cut in very small (1/4 inch or smaller) dice and tossed with lemon juice for garnish
- Whisk together garlic and yogurt in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and whisk together. Add blue cheese or Roquefort and Dijon mustard and whisk together until mixture is fairly smooth, with a few lumps of cheese.
- Trim away the very end of the endives and cut lengthwise into quarters. Arrange on a platter or on individual plates and spoon on dressing. Top with chives and finely diced apple, and serve.